You Can't Put the Banana Back Together

  Jordan is in rare form today.  For those that don't know; when toddlers wake up on the wrong side of the bed, they act like little demon children!


Here's an example.  Jordan is refusing to eat his breakfast.  It's his favorite breakfast, but he's just not interested in doing anything that makes sense right now.  So he's sitting at his little Toy Story 3 table, playing with his food, getting it every dang where, but I'm not saying anything because I've already reached my nagging quote for the day and it's only 10:09 am.

So he's sitting there NOT eating, then he just starts screaming his head off.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, my bananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's brok--ed!  Mommy my banana!!  Waa waa it broke!  I ignore him for about two minutes, and then he walks over with two halves of this squishy banana (from being in his hands because, again, he was NOT eating the freaking thing) and I just crack up.  I mean, I hate to laugh when my child is so obviously disturbed, but he was just so pissed about this freaking banana!  I mean, mad yall...tears and all.


So mommy genius that I am, I finally take the banana he's shoving at me, and I push the stupid thing back together into one big piece.

Well!  You should have seen his eyes light up!  The waterworks immediately stopped and he says "You fixed it!"

Which of course, lasted two seconds, because come on guys, you just can't actually put a banana back together.

Then I'm trying my hardest not to laugh because he's trying to do what I did and put the banana back together and totally failing, because when I did it I PUSHED.

I just had to let him finish his meltdown, because there was nothing I could do, plus I was busy tweeting about it and laughing so hard I think my spleen ruptured.

Let this be a lesson to you kiddies...you should always eat your banana right away. 


Let this be a lesson to you parents...cut the damn banana up from the beginning.




Banana -- 1 
Jordan -- 0

Whew, that was so funny to me.

Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 7:31 AM

2 Comments to "You Can't Put the Banana Back Together"

Hahaha! I just read this RIGHT AFTER Ollie threw a freaking man fit about HIS broken banana. Jeez, kid. It still tastes the same. Promise!

Post a Comment